Knowing how to measure a garage door can be very useful for you, particularly if you are thinking of replacing your current garage door and fitting the new one yourself.
There are a number of things you need to remember when measuring your garage door:
· Width – Measure from brick to brick in three places, ignoring frames
· Height – Measure from floor to the bottom of the lintel (horizontal support across the top of the door) in two places
· Pillar width – Measure from the brick face to the returning wall
· Motor side – This is the side that is usually closest to your power socket from inside looking out of your garage
· Top roll height – measured from the bottom of the lintel to the first joist or your ceiling.
As we supply a range of garage door sizes, it is important to know which one you need before you purchase.